What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy or Physical Therapy is one of the allied health professions that uses evidence-based assessment, exercise, joint mobilization and health education. It treats conditions such as chronic or acute pain, soft tissue injuries, arthritis, physical impairments and disorders typical of musculoskeletal and neurological origins.
Physiotherapy improves a patient’s physical functions through physical examination, diagnosis, prognosis, physical intervention, rehabilitation and education. Physiotherapy is not about treating the current symptom but focusing on the recovery afterwards. The recovery could be primarily in two areas: Injury related or Surgery related.
Injuries happen. They are a part of life. Physiotherapy’s goal is to help you get back to the activities that are important to you. Popular procedures include:
- Sports or Work related injuries
- Sprained joints and Strained muscles
- Running injuries
- Neck and Low Back Pain
- Shoulder and Rotator Cuff Injuries
- Tennis and Golfer’s Elbow
- And more.
If you undergo surgery, it is often followed by the need for effective rehabilitation services.
Popular procedures include:
- Spine surgery
- Meniscus repair
- Hamstring reconstruction
- Rotator cuff repair
- Knee and joint replacement
- Hip replacement
- Shoulder decompression
- Foot and ankle surgeries
Physiotherapists bridge the gap between rehabilitation and optimal health and help clients achieve their ideal state of health and wellness.
Physiotherapy is ideal for people who are:
- Interested in living healthy and living well.
- Looking to customize programs specifically to achieve their goals.
- Concerned about achieving their optimal level of health and wellness.
The Primary Benefits of Physiotherapy
While there are many benefits of physical therapy, the common ones are:
- Enhanced Muscle Function – improves and maintains muscle integrity and strength by engaging soft tissues.
- Greater Flexibility – increases joint flexibility and range of motion that improves quality of life.
- Pain Relief – significantly reduces pain caused by inflammation and swelling.
- Stress Relief – reduces Cortisol levels
- A Stronger Core – focuses on core stability and strengthening to restore pelvis and back muscle health.
- Less Stress on Joints – evenly distributes pressure on ankle, knee and hip joints.
- Reduced Risk of Re-injury – reduces the risk of re-injury by strengthening and toning muscles.
St. Clair Physiotherapy Clinic – Your Trusted Choice for Physiotherapy
Looking for the best-in-class patient care and unparalleled customer service?
At St. Clair Physiotherapy Clinic, our skilled doctors and certified physiotherapists offer high quality care and effective individualized treatments.
Call us now and schedule your first appointment with us today.
In Pain? We can Help!
Let us help you find the right treatment, and provide you with a solid formula you can follow in your path to recovery!
In Pain? We Can Help
Our team at St.Clair Physio Clinic can assist you in relieving your pain and injuries. We do direct billing and work with all insurance companies and provide direct billing.